Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Drivers in Los Angeles who have been involved in motorcycle accidents may have even more severe injuries than if they were in other types of vehicle crashes. The smaller size of a motorcycle, the lack of a vehicle body that surrounds the rider or passenger, and lighter weight of the bike all contribute to exposing persons to higher danger. If a motorcycle crashes into anything larger, the outcome for the motorcycle riders can be deadly. The Mann & Elias motorcycle accident attorneys have helped many survivors of motorcycle accident gain the compensation they deserve.
How Many Fatal Motorcycle Accidents Occur in an Average Year?
The human body is frail and without sturdy surroundings while travelling at any speed, riders are not well protected against a collision with any object or other vehicle. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) motorcycle crash accident statistics from 2006 show there were 4,935 people killed; 4,778 were on motorcycles and the remainder of fatal motorcycle accidents occurred on other two or three wheeled motorcycles or mini-bikes. About three-fourths of these fatal accidents occurred when a motorcycle collided with an automobile or other larger vehicle.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
Mann & Elias person injury attorneys have substantial experience with Los Angeles motorcycle accident cases. Since negligence and violations of driving laws are the cause of many motorcycle accidents, victims and survivors frequently seek legal action to ensure compensation for their losses. Here are NHTSA statistics from a recent (2006) tally of fatal motorcycle accidents:
- Slides and falls were the initial cause of about two-thirds of the fatal motorcycle accidents.
- Inexperienced or untrained riders easily can lose control of their motorcycles.
- Equipment defects like a puncture flat are more likely to lead to a crash when it happens on a motorcycle.
- Many drivers of larger vehicles (Trucks / Big Rigs) do not see a motorcyclist until it is too late to avoid a crash.
- Motorcycle accidents are likely to involve fires due to fuel system leaks.
- Male riders between the ages of 16 and 24 are most likely to be injured or killed than others.
- Alcohol was evident in about one-half of the fatal motorcycle accidents.
- Deadly accidents involve injury to the head and chest areas.
- Motorcyclists are likely to not have insurance for medical care or property damage.
How Can Mann & Elias Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Help?
Serious injuries are commonly associated with a motorcycle accident. If you have been involved in a crash with a motorcycle, as driver or the person that has been in a collision with a motorcyclist, call for help from Mann & Elias Law Firm right away. Serious injuries that are common with motorcycle accidents lead to hefty medical bills, arguments with insurance companies that do not want to pay for damage claims and perhaps a lifetime of medical problems.
Los Angeles Motorcycle Crash Attorney
If someone has been negligent with their driving skills and causes you physical, mental, emotional or financial pain and suffering, you are entitled to fair compensation for your personal injuries. Turn the fight over to legal professionals who will stand up for your rights at every turn of events. Call our Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers today, at 323-857-9500 and obtain winning legal representation.